Thursday, October 4, 2007

Trip Report -- Day 1

We are back from our delivery trip. I will be making an entry for each day of the trip. Day one was a travel day.

Monday morning we took a shuttle to the airport. Driver couldn't find the house. He kept insisting that we lived in a part of Atlanta about 15 miles from here. After ten minutes of talking in circles, I asked him if he had a map. He didn't and refused to just take directions from me. He drove back to his dispatch to get a map. In the end we did get to the airport, but I'm not using that shuttle company again.

Debbie was flying United to Amsterdam connecting at Dulles. I was on Continental to Amsterdam connecting at Newark. After going over our Amsterdam contingency plans one last time, Debbie headed off to her United flight and I boarded my Continental flight. On approach to Newark we got a decent view of Manhattan.



People flying into Newark see this view all the time. I don't so I took a quick snapshot. On the ground at Newark I traded voice mail with Debbie. We both made our connecting flights.

The long flight to Amsterdam on Continental was better then I had feared. The equipment was 757. Usually that means a miserable ride in a very old airplane. This one turned out to be a newer 757-300 with a modern interior. The food was ok too. Nothing like Virgin Atlantic but much better than the last couple of rides I've had with Delta. I even slept a couple of hours.

No comments: